Home Metro FG targets 3,000 beneficiaries as it flags off disbursement of grant for...

FG targets 3,000 beneficiaries as it flags off disbursement of grant for Vulnerable Groups in Delta State

165
0
Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, HAJIYA SADIYA UMAR FAROUQ with the Delta State Governor, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa
Access Bank Plc

WED, 16 NOV, 2022-theGBJournal| The Federal Government is targeting about 3,000 beneficiaries across the 25 Local Government Areas in Delta State in its latest effort to empower Vulnerable Groups across the country.

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, HAJIYA SADIYA UMAR FAROUQ disclosed this during her visit to commiserate with the Delta State government and citizens over recent flood disaster.

The Minister also was in the State to flag-off the disbursement of the Grant for Vulnerable Groups programme (GVG) and to roll-out the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Porgramme (GEEP).

‘’These two programmes,’’ the Minister says, ‘’are part of the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP), which is the flagship social protection programme of President Buhari Administration targeting the poor and vulnerable in the country.’’

The GVG programme is designed to provide a one-off cash grant of N20,000.00 to the poorest and most vulnerable Nigerians in rural and peri-urban areas across the 36 States of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory.

‘’It is worthy to note that 70% of these beneficiaries must be women, while the remaining 30% is for youths. Mr. President has further directed that, at least 15% of the total number of beneficiaries must specifically be allocated to citizens with special needs, including Persons with Disability (PWDs), internally displaced persons and senior citizens in the State,’’ UMAR FAROUQ noted in her address during the visit on Tuesday.

The GEEP 2.0 programme is designed for vulnerable and low-income Nigerians who are involved in productive activities but have no access to loans. It gives priority to the most vulnerable in our society including widows, youths, persons with disability and the internally displaced.

The programe has three signature schemes: TraderMoni, MarketMoni and FarmerMoni. The TraderMoni loan of N50,000.00 targets under-privileged and marginalized youths in Nigeria aged between 18 and 40 years.

The MarketMoni is also a loan of N50,000.00 given to under privileged and marginalized women in the society with a special focus on female-headed households. Finally, the FarmerMoni is a loan package that provides inputs worth up to N300,000.00 to rural farmers.

[email protected]| Facebook-The Government and Business Journal|email: [email protected]|[email protected]

Previous articleCourt adjourns Mompha’s alleged N6 billion money laundering trial to December 16
Next articleUTM Offshore signs front-end engineering design contract to develop Nigeria’s first Floating Liquefied Natural Gas facility
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments